[ydl-gen] Cannot "yum upgrade" from ydl-6 to ydl-6.1

John Frankish frankish at dubai.oilfield.slb.com
Sun Jan 11 07:06:33 MST 2009

Hi,

There's a newer notice here

quote from <http://us.fixstars.com/resources/>http://us.fixstars.com/resources/

Upgrading to the next version of Yellow Dog Linux
While updating your installed applications from YDL v6.x to v6.y (for
example) is condudted [sic] via the "yum upgrade" command, when
upgrading from one version of Yellow Dog Linux to the next, for
instance, from YDL v5.0.1 to YDL v6.0, it is likely you will need to
reinstall the entire OS. Before you do this, it is prudent to backup
your /home/[username]/ directory to an external storage device.

John