[ydl-gen] Slow ibook X11 (2D)

Warren Nagourney warren at phys.washington.edu
Sun Jan 11 18:01:38 MST 2009

Hello,

I just installed YDL 6.1 on an ibook g4 800 Mhz and the 2D graphics
are definitely not accelerated. Does anyone know how to enable
graphics acceleration on this machine? (I did a default installation).

I am beginning to believe that there will never be decent graphics on
a PPC linux machine.  I guess the GPU manufacturers don't release
drivers for this architecture. The only "ppc" machine I have seen
with acceptable graphics is a PS3 using the hack which was blocked by
sony.

Thanks.

Warren Nagourney