[ydl-gen] low res tv

Sebastian Greatful sebastianthegreatful at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 06:18:54 MST 2009

I installed ydl on my ps3 using my mates big flat screen tv (1080p or
1080i or soemthing).
Now I'm back at my old crappy tv, connected with scart cable. Soon after
kboot is done the screen becomes grey and after a few mins the tv turns
off.

I tried setting the run level to 3 instead of 5 with the same result. I
also tried changing my xorg.conf with same result... a grey screen right
after kboot.

I tried all sorts of low screen resolution settings in xorg.conf. I also
tried the failsafe one shipped with ubuntu. All to no avail.

I had ubuntu on it at some point. That could start x (not pretty, but
working).

Anyone got any idea about how I can make this work? x would be nice but
text mode would do.

best regards,
seb