[ydl-gen] PS3 2.53 / YDL 6.1

Mervdosh at aol.com Mervdosh at aol.com
Thu Jan 15 07:37:23 MST 2009

What is the significance of the warning on the advisory page?

Boot Issue with the 80GB PS3 Running YDL 6.1
We are  currently experiencing a YDL boot failure issue with the 80 GB PS3
(model number  98015). When attempting to boot into YDL, either via  the the
Boot Other OS option or via rebooting, a call trace is displayed on the  screen,
preventing you from logging into YDL. Until this issue is resolved,  upgrading
the GameOS to v. 2.53 is not recommended.

My 80 GB PS3 (manufactured in Nov 2008) is CECHL01 and has GameOS 2.53.  Does
this warning  apply to my model?  I downloaded YDL
(yellowdog-6.1-ppc-DVD_20081119.iso)  and have not installed it pending the resolution of this  warning.
steps!
cemailfooterNO62)