[ydl-gen] Missing scanner device? Problems with sane

Marcel Rüland marcel.rueland at gmx.net
Sun Jan 18 07:11:42 MST 2009

Dear All,

some days ago I installed YDL on my iBook G4. I'm amazed what already
works :-)
But I don't manage to get my scanner Cannon LIDE 25 working. According
to the sane manual it should work with the plustek backend:

# sane-find-scanner -v
<...>
checking /dev/usb/scanner... failed to open (Invalid argument)
<...>
'found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x2220 [CanoScan],
chip=LM9832/3) at libusb:003:002'
<...>

scanimage shows the following result:
# scanimage -L
'No scanners were identified.'

I think there is a driver for usb scanner support missing. I can't find
any scanner device. Entering

# ls /dev/ | grep scan
gives no answer.

# ls /dev/ | grep usb
usb1
usb2
usb3
usb4
usbdev1.1_ep00
usbdev1.1_ep81
usbdev2.1_ep00
usbdev2.1_ep81
usbdev3.1_ep00
usbdev3.1_ep81
usbdev3.2_ep00
usbdev3.2_ep03
usbdev3.2_ep81
usbdev3.2_ep82
usbdev4.1_ep00
usbdev4.1_ep81

Since I'm new with linux and with OSX everything was so easy, I don't
know what to do now. Any help would be nice. Thank you in advance.

Marcel