[ydl-gen] Slow ibook X11 (2D)

Stephen Harker sjh at adfa.edu.au
Sat Jan 31 20:01:49 MST 2009

Hi Derick and Warren,

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 05:29:55PM -0800, Warren Nagourney wrote:
> Thanks, Derick. I will look into R.

I have been very satisfied with R for many purposes.  On the question
of other, useful, packages there was a recent article in
http://slashdot.org/ on a similar issue.  This was titled: Open Source
Software For Experimental Physics? and is given at this url.

http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/01/30/1443203

You may be aware of the thread resulting from this article and/or the
programs that were recommended by different people.  If not, it could
be worth looking into to see if there is something useful to you
listed.  I would expect that several would run under OSX as well as
Linux.

Stephen Harker                           s.harker at adfa.edu.au
PEMS
UNSW at ADFA