[ydl-gen] [Fwd: Setting up a Dual G4 machine as a NAS]

Derick Centeno dcenteno at ydl.net
Sat Jul 18 12:33:59 MDT 2009

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 14:57:10 -0600
Erick Curtis <pocatellomac at cableone.net> wrote:

> Hello All
>
> I'm a newbie and would like some help setting up YDL on a dual G4
> tower.  I'd like to set up a NAS box that supports AFP and FTP.  I was
> wondering if anyone might be able to point me in the right direction to
> to get started?
>
> Erick Curtis

Hi Erick:

You may have to download the source and compile it within YDL; I didn't find it
as a standard package with YDL 6.2 libraries and it may not be available for
earlier YDL packages either.  Even so here's the website to get it from as well
as a little detail regarding it's capacities.  Remember to download whatever
dependencies it needs.  Here's their link:

http://www.freenas.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19&Itemid=37/

All the best...