[ydl-gen] PlayStation3: Settings -> System Update

John Goche johngoche99 at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 23 09:23:01 MDT 2009

Hello,

I just did a system update of the PS3 via the internet
after connecting to the internet through a WAP-enabled
router as the first thing that the PS3 asked me to do
just after connecting was to do a system update so
I did it. However, unlike with Linux installations where
you see the list of packages as they are installed, I
was not shown anything in particular apart from a
message saying it was updating data or something
like that, and that after the update it would not have
been possible to go back.

Anyone have any idea of what exactly the update
entails, and whether it affects a YDL 6.1 installation
in any way. I bought the PS3 in november but have
not had a chance to connect it to the internet until
now. It came with YDL 6.1 preinstalled.

Thank you for your help,

John Goche