[ydl-gen] YDL 6.1 and WPA2 ; mounting a USB pen drive; and using the DualShock3 as an input under Linux

Clark Martin cmmac at sonic.net
Thu Jul 23 11:40:36 MDT 2009

John Goche wrote:

> Under Advanced Settings for the foonet
> access point I check the "Use Encryption"
> box and select the default "WPA 1/2 Passphrase"
> from the drop-down menu and then in the "Key"
> textbox I enter the same passphrase which I
> used to connect the GameOS to my home's
> wireless access point (say foopassword).
> When I try to connect from wicd to the
> wireless router/access point I see wicd
> go through the following stages:
>
> None: Putting interface down...
> foonet: Validating authentication...
> foonet: Obtaining IP address...

Check the logs for DHClient activity.

While it appears you are authenticating when I run into trouble with
wireless the first thing I usually do is to turn off encryption
temporarily.

Check your AP to see if it supports both TKIP and AES and that they are
both enabled.  It may be that only one is available and it isn't
supported by YDL.

--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA