[ydl-gen] truecrypt - anywhere?

Derick Centeno dcenteno at ydl.net
Thu Jul 30 17:49:54 MDT 2009

Hi Atro:

I cheated and installed the nss packages available within the YDL 6.2
libraries.  It's pretty high compared to other installations, red hat
enterprise, fedora, debian, etc.

Here's what yum reports:

[aguila at arakus truecrypt-6.2a-source]$ sudo yum info "nss*"
Installed Packages
Name   : nss
Arch   : ppc
Version: 3.12.2.0
Release: 4
Size   : 3.2 M
Repo   : installed

Network Security Services (NSS) is a set of libraries designed to
support cross-platform development of security-enabled client and
server applications. Applications built with NSS can support SSL v2
and v3, TLS, PKCS #5, PKCS #7, PKCS #11, PKCS #12, S/MIME, X.509
v3 certificates, and other security standards.

Name   : nss-devel
Arch   : ppc
Version: 3.12.2.0
Release: 4
Size   : 1.0 M
Repo   : installed

Header and Library files for doing development with Network Security Services.

Name   : nss-mdns
Arch   : ppc
Version: 0.10
Release: 4.el5
Size   : 73 k
Repo   : installed

nss-mdns is a plugin for the GNU Name Service Switch (NSS) functionality of
the GNU C Library (glibc) providing host name resolution via Multicast DNS
(aka Zeroconf, aka Apple Rendezvous, aka Apple Bonjour), effectively allowing
name resolution by common Unix/Linux programs in the ad-hoc mDNS domain .local.

nss-mdns provides client functionality only, which means that you have to
run a mDNS responder daemon separately from nss-mdns if you want to register
the local host name via mDNS (e.g. Avahi).

Name   : nss-pkcs11-devel
Arch   : ppc
Version: 3.12.2.0
Release: 4
Size   : 288 k
Repo   : installed

Library files for developing PKCS #11 modules using basic NSS
low level services.

Name   : nss-tools
Arch   : ppc
Version: 3.12.2.0
Release: 4
Size   : 3.4 M
Repo   : installed

Network Security Services (NSS) is a set of libraries designed to
support cross-platform development of security-enabled client and
server applications. Applications built with NSS can support SSL v2
and v3, TLS, PKCS #5, PKCS #7, PKCS #11, PKCS #12, S/MIME, X.509
v3 certificates, and other security standards.

Install the nss-tools package if you need command-line tools to
manipulate the NSS certificate and key database.

Name   : nss_db
Arch   : ppc
Version: 2.2
Release: 35.3
Size   : 1.8 M
Repo   : installed

Nss_db is a set of C library extensions which allow Berkeley Databases
to be used as a primary source of aliases, ethers, groups, hosts,
networks, protocol, users, RPCs, services, and shadow passwords
(instead of or in addition to using flat files or NIS). Install nss_db
if your flat name service files are too large and lookups are slow.

Name   : nss_ldap
Arch   : ppc
Version: 253
Release: 17
Size   : 3.7 M
Repo   : installed

This package includes two LDAP access clients: nss_ldap and pam_ldap.
Nss_ldap is a set of C library extensions that allow X.500 and LDAP
directory servers to be used as a primary source of aliases, ethers,
groups, hosts, networks, protocol, users, RPCs, services, and shadow
passwords (instead of or in addition to using flat files or NIS).

Pam_ldap is a module for Linux-PAM that supports password changes, V2
clients, Netscape's SSL, ypldapd, Netscape Directory Server password
policies, access authorization, and crypted hashes.

[aguila at arakus truecrypt-6.2a-source]$

Even though it's installed when I run make it fails; here's what I see:

[aguila at arakus truecrypt-6.2a-source]$ sudo make
Compiling Keyfile.cpp
In file included from Keyfile.cpp:10:
/home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:43:21:
warning: pkcs11.h: No such file or
directory /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:56:
error: ‘CK_SLOT_ID’ does not name a
type /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:57:
error: ‘CK_FLAGS’ does not name a
type /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:77:
error: ‘CK_OBJECT_HANDLE’ does not name a
type /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:80:
error: ‘CK_SLOT_ID’ does not name a
type /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:86:
error: expected `)' before
‘errorCode’ /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:92:
error: expected `)' before
‘errorCode’ /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:106:
error: ‘CK_RV’ does not name a
type /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:109:
error: ‘CK_RV’ does not name a
type /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:160:
error: ‘CK_SESSION_HANDLE’ does not name a
type /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:181:
error: ‘CK_SLOT_ID’ has not been
declared /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:183:
error: ‘CK_SLOT_ID’ has not been
declared /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:186:
error: ‘CK_SLOT_ID’ has not been
declared /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:194:
error: ‘CK_SLOT_ID’ has not been
declared /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:195:
error: ‘CK_OBJECT_HANDLE’ was not declared in this
scope /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:195:
error: template argument 1 is
invalid /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:195:
error: template argument 2 is
invalid /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:195:
error: ‘CK_SLOT_ID’ has not been
declared /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:195:
error: ‘CK_ATTRIBUTE_TYPE’ has not been
declared /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:196:
error: ‘CK_SLOT_ID’ has not been
declared /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:196:
error: ‘CK_OBJECT_HANDLE’ has not been
declared /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:196:
error: ‘CK_ATTRIBUTE_TYPE’ has not been
declared /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:197:
error: ‘CK_SLOT_ID’ was not declared in this
scope /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:197:
error: template argument 1 is
invalid /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:197:
error: template argument 2 is
invalid /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:198:
error: ‘CK_SLOT_ID’ has not been
declared /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:199:
error: ‘CK_SLOT_ID’ has not been
declared /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:200:
error: ‘CK_SLOT_ID’ has not been
declared /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:205:
error: ‘CK_FUNCTION_LIST_PTR’ does not name a
type /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:211:
error: ‘CK_SLOT_ID’ was not declared in this
scope /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:211:
error: template argument 1 is
invalid /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:211:
error: template argument 3 is
invalid /home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/truecrypt-6.2a-source/Common/SecurityToken.h:211:
error: template argument 4 is invalid make[1]: *** [Keyfile.o] Error 1 make:
*** [all] Error 2 [aguila at arakus truecrypt-6.2a-source]$

In case I failed to mention it the wxWidgets built without problems and fuse is
part of the kernel this is what fuse itself reports when I try to build it:

=== configuring in kernel
(/home/aguila/Utilitiesbuiltfromsource/fuse-2.7.4/kernel) configure:
running /bin/sh ./configure '--prefix=/usr/local'  --cache-file=/dev/null
--srcdir=. checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking if FUSE is loaded as a module... no checking if FUSE module is built
into the kernel... no checking if FUSE module is from official kernel... yes
configure:
NOTE:     Detected that FUSE is already present in the kernel, so
NOTE:     building of kernel module is disabled.  To force building
NOTE:     of kernel module use the '--enable-kernel-module' option.
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged