[ydl-gen] how to uninstall YDL 6.1 completely from my PS3

güray tezcan guraytezcan27 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 16 17:25:00 MDT 2009

Hello.

I have an 80 GB Playstation 3 console, which actually has 74 GB free space to be used by its end user.

I had tried to install Yellow Dog Linux 6.1 as other OS, which was confirmed by PlayStation Customer Service that it would not void my guarantee.

I allotted 10 GB for partitioning to other OS in formatting menu; however, I could never pass Kboot screen beyond to be able to install it properly. Probably, the problem is related to my display. (CRT TV)

Anyway, I am not asking any help about installing this other OS; I am just asking help about having my full hard disk back as one part. Because those 10 GB that I had allotted for other OS still seem detached, despite all my effort to uninstall YDL. In other words, my PS3's free space is still 64/74 GB in system information screen.

In order to delete this other OS completely, I formatted my system specifying to use "all for the PS3 system". I did this many times both as quick format and full format, which took 4 hours. Desperately, I even tried to restore my default settings, to restore PS3 system, to rebuild database and to update version 2.76 again.

None of them worked out to bring my 10 GB partition back. In system information, it still states 64/74 GB as free space.

Moreover, I can still reach to Kboot screen of Yellow Dog Linux by following "system settings-default system-other OS" in PS3 menu, as if I have never deleted it and reformatted my console.

All forum advices on Internet and even YDL Board answers about uninstalling could not help me at all. Please help me to have my whole hard disk (74 GB) back in one piece.

Regards,
Guray Tezcan