[ydl-gen] IBM XLC/C++ and XLF for YDL on Cell

rarob at comcast.net rarob at comcast.net
Fri Mar 6 14:15:58 MST 2009

Warren,
  If I remember correctly it is something like $800 for XLC/C++ and $1200 for XLF , but *please* don't quote me on that.  It has been quite some time since I checked prices.
  The last time I did a bake off of the xlc vs gcc was 5-6 years ago on a Apple dual G4 box (bought ~2000, don't remember the exact version), and xlc stomped all over gcc in math ops.  I believe it has closed the gap since then.
  If you need support for some of the Dec extensions to Fortran-77 your choices may be limited.  I only found IBM's compiler and Absoft that would handle some of the code I was porting.

-Rob