[ydl-gen] (no subject)

Derick Centeno dcenteno at ydl.net
Wed Mar 25 19:56:22 MDT 2009

Hi William:

Usually the printer drivers in YDL (as well as other distributions of
Linux, and Unix) are found within the cups (Common Unix Printing
System - http://www.cups.org) package which comes with each operating
system. Usually all you need to do is have the printer physically
connected while YDL is running and it should print from within nearly
any application.

Although you should not have to download and install the entire cups
package, you may have to go to the site to discover whether the
particular driver you are looking for exists.  If you are puzzled by
what is there I'd recommend asking questions at the Users Forum at that
site as they focus on questions pertaining to CUPS more deeply;
you may find you don't need such detailed assistance, but just in case.

All the best...