[ydl-gen] Radeon X850 support?

Mike Erwin significant.bit at gmail.com
Thu May 7 13:42:57 MDT 2009

> Graphics cards have been the bane of Linux on PPC from day one. It is entirely
> about the driver, and unless someone has a lot of free time, reverse
> engineering a solution has not historically been a realistic approach.
>
> kai

Someone at AMD/ATI pointed me to some of the work already done by the
x86 Linux crowd. I'm glad others did have the free time to work some
of these things out, and I have just enough to take it through the
last lap (long commute=plenty of think time). Firmware first, of
course.

Mike Erwin
musician, naturalist, pixel pusher, hacker extraordinaire