[ydl-gen] does yellow dog linux has the packages I need?

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu at realss.com
Mon May 11 06:55:21 MDT 2009

Hello. I am considering switching to yellow dog linux with my iBook G4.
My choice of Linux distribution had always been heavily depend on what
packages are in official package repository, because I am a stupid user
who do not know how to (and don't want to) fight on command line to
configure & build my own software from source. I did not find where to
search package repository online, so here is my list of software I use
daily and can you kindly let me know how can I find if they are
pre-packaged on YDL?

Sorry for having Chinese explanation of the software after its name. You
can simply ignore them.

    * Chinese fonts: Droid Sans, Wenquanyi and CJK Unifonts
    * sunbird日程(或Evolution如果支持ical)
    * agave配色
    * firefox(以及firebug这些插件)
    * gnucash公司财务
    * gftp传文件
    * pulseaudio-utils及applet(在家时放音乐到那头的音箱时用)
    * vlc放电影和DVD
    * inkscape矢量图
    * gnumeric和abiword为了打开张韡武有时候用这两种软件做的文件
    * stardic词典