[ydl-gen] install SETI at home on PS3 with UDL6.1 - addendum

Derick Centeno dcenteno at ydl.net
Wed Sep 9 14:34:14 MDT 2009

Hi Paul!

First, yum is always run from superuser.  You can also run it using
sudo but you have to have modified your sudoers file enabling your
user name to have the same status to access and implement root level
commands for a limited amount of time.

Second, please look carefully on this page:
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/List_of_projects_by_system_requirements/

Notice the operating system columns please notice that although there
is a version of their software running for the PowerPC under the Mac
operating system; the software versions they offer is only for x86 or
Intel based Linux variants.  YDL is a PowerPC based Linux only.

This means that you cannot used their pre-packaged version of their
software.

However, I did find the page which contains their source which you
can download, uncompress, compile and install within YDL.  That page
is here: http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/sah_porting.php/

If you, need further assistance -- write back.

Here's a better resource.  You'll have to still download, compile
and install the source youself but a lot of the other requisite
work has been done for you.  Refer to this site:
http://www.dotsch.de/boinc/BOINC%20Clients.html/

All the best...