[ydl-gen] YDL 6.2, pared down gnome, and an iBook G4 1.33ghz

Jason Ritzke jason.ritzke at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 14:19:13 MDT 2009

Okay, so I moved from xfce back to gnome and switched out some unessential
services (unessential for the ibook  I mean). However, I still can't get DRI
or advanced synaptics features, and suspend is still glitchy. Also I'm
getting a brief kernel error about an invalid rom option for the radeon
setting in yaboot.conf.

I know that synaptics advanced features and dri work on this machine, as
well as better suspend/restore. I've gotten all three working in debian and
the latter two working in fedora 10. I think that having the right options
set in my xorg.conf might help. Mr. Centino, if you aren't having these
problems (ESPECIALLY the DRI issue) could you please e-mail me a copy of
your xorg.conf so I could take a look at it and see what you've done
differently. It doesn't seem like hal would be taking over there.

If anybody else can give me some config info and point me in the right
direction, that'd be great. I've had this machine working well in other
distros, and if we can pool together I'm sure we can get YDL level
performance and the features we want.

The only things I can contribute is that I know the synaptics driver
interfaces through a module called appletouch. I don't know why dri isn't
working, but glxgears gives me awful slow speed and glxinfo gives me a dri
not working message. I have NO idea what's wrong with the suspend/restore. I
think the radeon error may simply have to do with a misnamed pci ID, but
since YDL doesn't have lspci, I don't know what to grep it out of.

--
Jason Ritzke
Chief Technical Expert: Lighthouse Solutions
jason.ritzke at lighthousesolutions.info