[ydl-gen] Boot error

Derick Centeno dcenteno at ydl.net
Mon Jan 18 02:33:33 JST 2010

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 08:44:09 +0100
angelo <angelo_da_re at alice.it> wrote:

> Dear Derick, thank you very much for the quick reply. The fact is
> that I previously used the same USB keyboard and USB mouse and I
> hadn't any problem, it recognizes the keyboard saying the model and
> it uses a standard driver common for all mice. The problem arose only
> after the blackout. Another peculiarity is that I connect both
> keyboard and mouse to a USB hub in port 1, in order to have a USB
> port free for something else. Greetings, Angelo.

Not a problem, Angelo.

By the way, you may consider that as you are connecting your keyboard
and mouse through the usb hub, the problem udev is complaining about
may be related to the hub you are using.  I suggest this because you
recent comment regarding your keyboard/mouse suggests that YDL running
on the PS3 recognized them when they were directly connected to the PS3.

Unfortunately, not all USB hubs are designed well.  I have used
USB hubs from Belkin, Targus or even Gigaware within YDL across the
years.

The core problem for you however is that udev is complaining about
something it doesn't like.  The simplest solution is to connect
directly to the PS3 and avoid that particular USB hub entirely.  If you
find that udev has no complaints, then you solved the problem and
discovered that the USB hub was what it was complaining about.

After trying this, try also updating your installation by using yum:

#yum update

I hope that udev finds happiness.  :-D

In other words, that udev stops complaining and things get back to a
state which is workable for you.

All the best...

=========
Refranes/Popular sayings:
The Taino say:No hay mal que por bien no venga.
There is no evil out of which good cannot blossom.