[ydl-gen] Boot error: USB hub

Robert Spykerman robert.spykerman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 10:36:38 JST 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 4:50 AM, angelo <angelo_da_re at alice.it> wrote:

> Thank you very much Derick for your effort, but I used the same USB hub also
> previously, and udev didn't complain. Thus, it shouldn't be the reason why
> now it does. You haven't told me what this error message means. Thanks,

what's the exact message? ( ie /var/log/dmesg - should be there I
think... the X one I can't remember...)

Also, are you very sure its udev that's causing the problem? The
default YDL boots to X you see.

It might be coming from one of the startup scripts I think. xmodmap
(the executable) is part of X which sets your keyboard map etc...

I noticed you typed Xmodmap - and you referred to /etc/X11 -  you
possibly may be referring to the default config file which I think X
parses as it starts.

In which case I have a hypothesis - the file might have been corrupted
in that inadvertent system shutdown.

Perhaps someone here with a lot more X knowledge can help. Maybe  'man
xmodmap' - there might be more info there.

This also begs another question: if one file is corrupt, what else could be?

I would suggest making frequent backups of your linux install just in
case something gets really messed up - I experiment a lot, you see, so
I do ;)

> Angelo.

Robert Spykerman

--