[ydl-gen] Sound on G4 PowerMac (digital audio)

Derick Centeno dcenteno at ydl.net
Wed Jun 30 14:39:09 JST 2010

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 14:07:19 -0600
Thomas Carlson <tcarlson at sharedcup.com> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me why the sound doesn't work on my G4 PowerMac
> (digital audio) running YDL 6.2?  The audio configuration utility
> says that automatic detection of its sound card does not work.  Does
> this particular machine have an oddball card that doesn't work with
> snd-powermac?
>
> Tom
> __
> Thomas Carlson
> 2319 La Senda St.
> Santa Fe, NM 87505
> 505-603-5526
> http://www.ifixoldmacs.com

Hi Thomas:

I use xfce within YDL 6.2 on my G4 choose Settings --> Settings
Manager; then choose Sound which brings up the Volume Mixer.  If you
are using e17 or something else still look for the Volume Mixer within
the available menus

Once it is open you'll notice various switches make sure that the
appropriate ones are midrange or higher.  Make sure that the option for
PC Speaker is selected otherwise sound output may be going elsewhere.
Sound should be immediately available after these changes.  Also check
to make sure that your Input is Line not Mic.

All the best...