[ydl-gen] Epson printer for both YDL 6.2 and GameOS 3.15

Stephen Harker sjh at netspace.net.au
Sat Mar 13 12:19:11 JST 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 05:27:25AM -0500, william edwards wrote:
> On 3/11/10, Kai Staats <kai at overthesun.com> wrote:
> > On Thursday 11 March 2010 02:09, william edwards wrote:
> >> i got mine on ebay 47$ epson cx5000. ps has list of compatible
> >> models on their site but i cant fiqure out how 2 get it to work on
> >> ydl but it works great on my 2nd ps3 with open suse. ebay has
> >> cheaper compatible models if u dont need a scanner or other fancy
> >> bells &  whistles
> >
> > Is SuSE also using CUPS? If so, what are the versions for each (SuSE
> > vs YDL)?
> >
> suse prints with prexisting software with most epson cx  models of ps3 era

For general information about printing from linux try
<http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting>,
and in particular the openprinting database linked from there
<http://www.openprinting.org/printers/> this covers a huge range of
printers.  There is also a discussion forum that covers these and
other printers.  That said I did not find the exact model described above.
>From the database one of the closest was the Epson Stylus CX5100:

Epson Stylus CX5100

	Color inkjet printer, max. 2880x1440 dpi, works Mostly
	Recommended Driver: gutenprint (Home page, Driver packages: x86 32 bit: 5.0.1 (RPM for LSB 3.1), 5.0.1 (DEB for LSB 3.1), 5.2.5 (RPM for LSB 3.2), 5.2.5 (DEB for LSB 3.2), x86 64 bit: 5.0.1 (RPM for LSB 3.1), 5.0.1 (DEB for LSB 3.1), 5.2.5 (RPM for LSB 3.2), 5.2.5 (DEB for LSB 3.2)(How to install))
	Generic Instructions: CUPS, LPD, LPRng, PPR, PDQ, no spooler

If you need the gutenprint drivers you are somewhat out of luck as YDL
6.2 only comes with the earlier incarnation gimp-print.  All is not
lost as you can install gutenprint from Fedora or compile it yourself.
I compiled the package from gutenprint-5.2.4-4.fc10.src.rpm (the
Fedora core 10) source package.  I have found it useful for more
modern printers.

rpm -qa | grep gutenprint
gutenprint-5.2.4-4
gutenprint-extras-5.2.4-4