[ydl-gen] thank you

Derick Centeno dcenteno at ydl.net
Mon May 24 23:28:08 JST 2010

Given what you posted previously I'm concerned whether you are familiar
with the nuances involved in both using the SHA1SUM value and
invoking the SHA1SUM test on the .iso you choose to download to burn
onto a DVD.

The difficulty is that if you are not familiar with it, you could
easily download a defective .iso and burn an equally defective DVD -
again, again, and yet again.  This process ad nauseum wastes
download time and burning time.

Given how you already reacted, the potential frustration resulting from
producing an incomplete and/or faulty DVD may be a process to avoid
completely.  Unfortunately without understanding the usage of the
SHA1SUM value and the SHA1SUM test there is no way to determine if
the .iso you downloaded before burning the DVD exactly matches the
product originally released by Fixstars (or any other Linux
distribution).

If you determine that the information posted at the mirrors regarding
the SHA1SUM are unclear I'd be happy to attempt a more effective
explanation and post it here.

All the best...