[ydl-gen] Wicd network manager crash

keromblum toppuri at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 13:52:04 JST 2010

Hello,

I am installing Yellow Dog linux on my Powerbook G4 and trying to set up
the airport extreme card.  I followed the instructions here:
http://www.ydl.net/support/solutions/ydl_6.x/airport-extreme.shtml and
everything seemed to work well, in fact i was able to briefly see my
wireless network but wasn't able to connect.  I restarted the wicd
client and now it crashes on startup with the following error message.
Any advice?

Error Information:
An exit code of 1 was returned from wicd-client --no-tray.

Output Data:
Attempting to connect tray to daemon...
Success.
refreshing...

Error Logs:
Introspect error: The name org.wicd.daemon was not provided by
any .service files
Introspect error: The name org.wicd.daemon was not provided by
any .service files
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/wicd/wicd-client.py", line 557, in ?
    main(sys.argv)
  File "/usr/lib/wicd/wicd-client.py", line 531, in main
    the_gui = gui.appGui()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wicd/gui.py", line 1262, in
__init__
    self.refresh_networks(fresh=False)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wicd/gui.py", line 1740, in
refresh_networks
    if wired.CheckPluggedIn() or wired.GetAlwaysShowWiredInterface():
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 102, in
__call__
    reply_message = self._connection.send_with_reply_and_block(message,
timeout)
  File "dbus_bindings.pyx", line 455, in
dbus_bindings.Connection.send_with_reply_and_block
dbus_bindings.DBusException: The name org.wicd.daemon was not provided
by any .service files