[ydl-gen] filesharing with Snow Leopard.

danny danny at dynamical.org
Fri Mar 4 05:40:17 JST 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-03 at 12:05 -0700, Thomas Carlson wrote:
> I have YDL 6.1 running just fine on my PowerMac G4 quicksilver and am trying to find a HOWTO on setting up filesharing with my Mac Pro running Snow Leopard.  Has anyone been successful with that?  My Debian test machine can't deal with Bonjour password encryption.

There is a 6.2 version available.

Regular NFS mounting works fine. On the Mac side there is a program
called "MacFuse" , http://code.google.com/p/macfuse , that provides
sharing into linux file systems. It works well for reading files from
Linux but it has caused me disk errors in the past when writing to
Linux. Your mileage may vary.

> Also, is there a keyboard command to open the Superdrive tray without having to go to terminal to "eject"?

typing "eject" on the command line works.