[ydl-gen] wifi - addendum (corrected)

Derick Centeno dcenteno at ydl.net
Mon Oct 3 14:18:27 JST 2011

Hi Stephanie,
 Start with redirecting where yum "looks" for repositories, meaning sites
where software which yum recognizes as available for download for YDL.
Getting the right software installed will get your network up and
running faster.

Here's the link: http://www.yellowdog-board.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3017
 I messed up my install of YDL such that it's fine for programming, but
not much else unfortunately.  However, there exists another link which
could be helpful to you which addresses wicd.  See here:
http://www.yellowdog-board.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7236&p=37327

By the way, remember to extract the Airport Extreme (AE) firmware from
OS X!  Although yum can help you acquire the tools to do the extraction
of AE firmware you also need to check to see if you have AE installed on
your laptop at all.  Remember Airport Extreme is not the same as the
standard Airport card Apple installed in that era.  So if AE isn't
present, the whole effort is useless.  You might be better off looking
for a wireless card to fit into the PCMCIA slot.  See more here:
http://www.ydl.net/support/solutions/ydl_general/pcmcia-nic.shtml

Of course, if you do have AE proceed with the instructions here:
http://www.ydl.net/support/solutions/ydl_6.x/airport-extreme.shtml

 Good Luck, Derick.