[ydl-gen] Noisy fan on Power G5 and YDL 6.2

Dimitar Georgievski mitkany at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 02:28:58 JST 2012

Hi,

I just installed YDL on my Power G5 1.8 GHz and the fan is out of control.
It produces so much noise that after couple of minutes I have to shut down
the computer.

Is there any fix for this issue? I noticed on older posts in the forums
users have experienced similar issues in the past. From their replies it
doesn't look like there is an official fix for this issue yet.

Here is the info about my Mac

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
cpu : PPC970FX, altivec supported
clock : 1800.000000MHz
revision : 3.0 (pvr 003c 0300)

timebase : 33333333
platform : PowerMac
model : PowerMac9,1
machine : PowerMac9,1
motherboard : PowerMac9,1 MacRISC4 Power Macintosh
detected as : 337 (PowerMac G5)
pmac flags : 00000000
L2 cache : 512K unified
pmac-generation : NewWorld

$ uname -a
Linux myhost 2.6.29-3.ydl61.4 #1 SMP Mon Sep 7 14:50:27 PDT 2009 ppc64
ppc64 ppc64 GNU/Linux

thanks,

Dimitar