Help With Install... Can't get past mount point setup

Shawn Dunn yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 10:30:21 -0700

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 00:42:26 -0400
Aaron Slater <aslater18@mac.com> wrote:

> During YDL-2.2 install on my Power Mac 4400 I followed instructions to the
> letter and during Custom install directly after setup of the mount point...
> Going into package install I get the following error:
>
> could not create rpm directories or database:exceptions.Exception:[Errno17]
> File exists:'/tmp/root/var'
>
> And I cannot continue... Any suggestions? Thanks!

Try popping over to another VT with ctrl-option-F2  and typing rm -rf /tmp/root/var   then ctrl-option-F1 to get back to the installer and continue

			--Shawn