reconfiguring yaboot after osx install

mutex yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
29 Apr 2002 00:32:21 -0600

right, OSX/OS9 takes over the default boot loader if you try to use the
boot selector in either.  So the way you get back to yaboot, is running
ybin again(the yaboot config updater).  You have to get into the
OpenFirmware prompt(PPC equivelent of a BIOS, but not as lame).  To get
to the OF prompt, i *think* you hold down command-option-O-F at boot
time.  Continue to hold it until your screen turns white and you get an
OpenFirmware prompt, hurray!
Now you have to boot yaboot from the prompt, to do this do

> boot hd9:\\yaboot

where 9, is the number of your ydl "boot" partition.  That should get
you to the yaboot prompt where you can load your system normally.  Once
you have it loaded, just run ybin as root.. and your default boot
partition should be set to yaboot again.
good luck