IP problems

Chuck Coleman yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 08 Aug 2002 15:56:33 -0700

--B_3111666994_597297

I am new to Linux and can=B9t get it to access the internet. I am working on =
Performa 5400/160 (European version) with a Farallon Ethernet card connecte=
to a LAN through a Lynksys router and a DSL line. I can access the internet
with the same machine running OS9.1. Once I go to YDL I get know where.

My settings are the same as OS9.1 with respect to fixed IP address, subnet
mask, and gateway address. I haven=B9t entered the domain name since I don=B9t
have one.

Any suggestions?

Chuck Coleman
http://www.aracnet.com/~coleman/
-
67% of all statistics have critical errors and the other 47% contain seriou=
errors.
"There are liars, damned liars and statisticians." Mark Twain
Always question statistics.
-

--B_3111666994_597297

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>IP problems</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">I am new to Linux and can&#8217;t get it to access the=
 internet. I am working on a Performa 5400/160 (European version) with a Far=
allon Ethernet card connected to a LAN through a Lynksys router and a DSL li=
ne. I can access the internet with the same machine running OS9.1. Once I go=
 to YDL I get know where.<BR>
<BR>
My settings are the same as OS9.1 with respect to fixed IP address, subnet =
mask, and gateway address. I haven&#8217;t entered the domain name since I d=
on&#8217;t have one.<BR>
<BR>
Any suggestions?<BR>
<BR>
Chuck Coleman<BR>
http://www.aracnet.com/~coleman/<BR>
-<BR>
67% of all statistics have critical errors and the other 47% contain seriou=
s errors.<BR>
&quot;There are liars, damned liars and statisticians.&quot; Mark Twain<BR>
Always question statistics.<BR>
-<BR>
<BR>
</FONT>