yellowdog 2.3

Daniel Wilcox yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 14:47:23 +0000

having been happy with my yellowdog 2.2 installation on my ibook2, i
decided (against my better judgement) to invest in a yellowdog 2.3
retail cd.  now i have a $40 paper weight as the cd fails to even
complete an installation.  during the package installation stage it pops
up an error that says:
	"Error running transaction set!
		Please correct this manually."

well after some poking around i was able to find the python scripts
running the installer, though i am unsure as to how i should correct a
read-only script (as it is on a cd), not to mention having never written
any python before.  so what the solution to buying a brandnew $40 set of
coasters in a slick dvd case?  ...i don't know, has anyone heard
anything about bugfixes on the cd?  i am a very unhappy customer, i
don't think i'll make the mistake of dealing with a commercial linux
distributor again...ever.  i even already tried downloading the most
recent iso and trying that, but i still get the same error message,
additionally this error has nothing to do with the video mode, same
error in ncurses or X, or hard drive space, same error base install vs.
workstation install on 2GB partition, anyone have any ideas or should i
just realize i bought some damn good coasters and leave my ibook2 with
macos 10.

daniel

(been trying to get a reasonably up to date linux distro on snow (my
ibook for the last year, with varying success at yellowdog 2.0, 2.1, and
2.2... 2.3 looks like the biggest failure yet)