using iMac keyboard

Eric D. yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:41:28 -0400

Een Belg! Hoe gaat'? (half Dutch myself).

Anyway, the option key is the alt key (should even be labelled alt on the
iCrap keyboard). If you (or your school mates) would rather use a real
keyboard, just plug one in. So far, every keyboard I've ever tried works
with USB Macs.

As for "pipe", it's shift-backslash (shift-\) on my keyboard (ADB Apple
Extended Keybd II (the best keyboard ever made IMNSHO)), and "at"
(aapestaartje?) should be shift-2. But... I just realised that I'm using a
US/Canadian keyboard so you may not have these keys in the same place, or
even at all.

PS In OS 9 (if you run OS 9) you can easily re-map your own keyboard with
ResEdit (it's ultra simple & b/c I had to do some heavy duty data entry
recently I customised my keyboard layout (copy the resource) so I could do
one-handed data entry).

Eric.