<no subject>

Colin Ward yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 23:48:42 +0100

Subject: Apple Color Plus 14'' Monitor

I can't seem to get the YDL 2.3 installer CDs to correctly display the old
Apple Color Plus 14'' Monitor (ca 1994) that I am using. Is there anything
that I can do to correct this?

I am installing on =A0a 400mhz AGP Graphics G4 with the stock ATI Rage Pro
card and an Adaptec 29160 PCI card.

Thanks

Skarpheden

I'm having the same sort of problem with a 500mhz AGP, but with a basic
15inc apple LCD studio disply. I can get x in 16bit with the stock ATI rage
pre, but I also have a 32MB PCI Radion mac edition. Getting that to work is
another thing, I can only get ugly  bit, and its very fuzzy. It seems PCI
cards are difficult to set up, I've been looking for a XFree86congig-4 that
will work for a long time now, but still can't get it right.
Better get back to your problem, try the text install option, and use the
stock AGP ATI card, you should at least get 16bit color, and I'm sure I've
seen an option for your monitor when trying to get mine set up, I've looked
at those options enough times.
COlin