Cannot continue installation...

Chad Zoellner yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 00:24:47 -0700

G3 400 AGP DVD No OS just trying to load YDL the installer boots fine from
the CD into a text interface/no graphic. After selecting the keyboard type
it asks to specify the CD-Rom "LOCAL cd/dvd", since this is what I have,
"OK" it then says it is unable to mount it, though the drive does spin up
for a split second.

So far I have tried the workarounds prev. posted -- hdc=ide-scsi and vice
versa. The first will get it past the cd check but it tells me I have more
than one cd drive and if it fails to mount to place the disk into the other
drive.  I have only one drive. And it always fails. I am stuck. I have tried
to work through the custom install but since I am still learning all this I
keep mangling the mount points.

Any help would be appreciated.