Cannot Continue Installation Update2...

Chad Zoellner yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 13:32:12 -0700

On 8/16/02 11:01 AM, "yellowdog-newbie-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com"
<yellowdog-newbie-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com> wrote:

> Message: 5
> From: "Ryan Spaulding" <jabaspawn@hotmail.com>
> To: yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
> Subject: Re: Cannot Continue Installation Update2...
> Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:47:01 +0000

> <P>If you have no OS running how are you getting errors if the CD is not
> mounted? Or do you have Mac OS running? sorry if these questions sound dumb
> but I had a similar problem while installing PPC linux. I installed fine with
> the cd but I could not mount one after install. I ended up having to make a
> symbolic link from /mnt/cdrom to the actual mount point /dev/sdc0.

Ryan,
I am booting from the CD/DVD drive, with no OS installed. The installer will
run fine, until it checks for the multimedia devices. Than it says that the
the installer was unable to mount the device. If I add "hdc=ide-scsi" to the
install-gui line at the same point it says I have more than one CD/DVD drive
installed, though only one is in reality. So basically while in the
installer it cannot find the drive that the installer booted from.

Hope that helps because I am sunk and out of ideas.

Thanks,

Chadz