HD partitioning

Chuck Coleman yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 12:06:01 -0700

on 8/18/02 11:55 AM, Marcio Pie at mpie@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I just got a new Ibook, and I was wondering how much I
> should partition the HD between OS 9, OS X and IDL. I
> got 30 gigs. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
>
> Marcio

It depends on how much software you have for each OS. I have made the
(costly) transition to OSX and all the software that goes with it. Since OSX
is a large OS I needed to give it more space with the software. If you use
OS9 more then weight the partitions towards that.

I have 10GB for OSX with apps, 8 GB's for OS9 and 8 GB's for YDL. I left the
other 14 GB's (I have a 40 GB drive) unallocated for expansion for any of
the OS's in the future.

Chuck