About to Give up on YDL for PM 6500s

Sverre Sørensen yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 19:58:50 +0200

>on 8/20/02 9:36 AM, Miyasato, Kris at Kris.Miyasato@pepperdine.edu wrote:
>
>>  I was hoping to install YDL on 6 PM6500s to use as a cluster, however I =
may
>>  need to look elsewhere for distributions.
>
>I am in the same boat. I did get it installed but can't get out on the
>LAN....sigh
>
>I don't need this aggravation.
>
>From my experience Linux is for a small select group that are very
>experienced in computing. It is not for the average or even above average
>user.

BUT, not to be rude, I am a no good UNIX user but I get it to work, I
do however choose manual ip settings not dynamic, it seems to work
better for me. And I only install the "base install" and then add
features later.

Sverre :)
Sverre Sørensen
Systemconsultant/ACSE
HelioGruppen Norge AS, Tevlingveien 15, 1081 OSLO
Phone:+47 2317 1430  Direct:+47 2317 1474  Fax:+1 4198213014
Cellular:+47 9288 3174    e-mail: sverre@mac.com
http://www.versionmaster.com http://www.norhost.net http://myip.norhost.net
Mac OS X.  Because making Unix user-friendly is easier than debugging Windows.