very slow KDE launch - and apt-get doesn't fix!

ralf oberleitner yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 13:48:37 +0200

No need to use gnome because of this problem! I had the mentioned
situation on my iBook2 and when apt-get failed to install the minor
upgrade, i followed the manual procedure described on the website (you
may have to install only the first rpm in the list) and the problem was
fixed.

it's easy to do the manual upgrade, but be sure you don't change your
mouse configuration until the next reboot, i had some problems with
XFree86 afterwards when my USB-mouse was no longer plugged in.

Ralf