New iBook

Dylan Hand yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 01 Dec 2002 18:32:23 -0500

Hi,

I got my new iBook a few weeks ago and decided to install YDL on it.
First, I think i should mention that the disk i am installing from has
never had a successful install on any computer, so may be i should just
make a new CD. Here we go:

I'm using YaBoot, and the iBook has a Radeon Mobility 7500 (AGP), i
booted up from the CD and guess what, no video. So i rebooted and used
the install-text-safe option. that worked. Throughout the install,
there were a few errors (the timezone thing didn't work)  and the
Xconfigurator recongized my card as a PCI card (maybe not a problem
???). So it finished and i reboot. WTF!! It boots me into Open
Firmware, ok...just type mac-boot and now we have the yaboot
loader...boot into Linux and no video, so i run it as linux-novideo,
and it works again but when i "startx", no video. So i reboot and make
a fail-safe config of XFree86. It now starts X but it is all screwed up
and stuff... Should I just try to reinstall?? any suggestions?