usb printer...Rrrr!

Ken yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 17:11:14 -0500

>This is the second howto from the yellowdog site that doesn't seem
>to work for me, can anybody tell me where to go at #3 of this howto,
>where it say enter this into terminal, well i do but nothing
>happens:( as if there is no such command.
>
>http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/usb_printer.shtml

So. i've given up on the Yellowdog howto because there is now way to
get it going, has anybody used it successfully?

I downloaded the Epson-Stylus_C60-gimp-print.ppd, I am now trying to
get CUPS to work.... the rest of the ppd's are .gz in my
/usr/share/cups/model directory is this a problem?

cups is now setup, I get no errors, besides unable to locate printer.
Having read far too many how to's I am just confused as all hell, can
anybody help clarify this mess.

thanks