no PPP

Ken Grunke yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 18:46:34 -0600

A successful install of YDL 2.2 on my PowerMac 7500/200, but I'll be ecstatic
when I can get connected to the internet and be able to check mail!

I've got kppp configured and the modem dials OK, but I don't seem to have the
PPP kernel module included.
I had the terminal open while trying, this is what came up, and the log was the same:

---
This system lacks kernel support for PPP. This could be because the PPP kernel
module could not be loaded, or because PPP was not included in the kernel configuration.
If PPP was included as a module, try /sbin/modprobe -v ppp.
If that fails, check th at ppp.o exists in /lib/modules/"uname -t" /net
---
I browsed through the install disk, didn't find anything regarding PPP.
Where can I get the modules I need, what do I need, and how to install it?

thanks in advance,

Ken