Frustrated Newbie

Chuck Coleman yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 09:04:51 -0800

--B_3123824692_2480961

on 12/27/02 5:07 AM, PPCLinux@aol.com at PPCLinux@aol.com wrote:

> Have tried a couple variations and went to 2.2 as Chuck suggested.   Still no
> luck.   Chuck recommended SuSE so I will try that.   All my versions have been
> purchased CDs so far.

I have had way better luck (and luck is what it takes with Linux) with SuSE.

Format the drive from scratch with a Mac OS in HFS+ format and then do one
big (at least 3GB) unallocated partition. This will be the Linux partitions.
Then when you format the drives you can break it up into the smaller swap,
boot and run partitions.

Chuck Coleman
Put an end to bad service
BOYCOTT MACMall/MAC-CLUB/PCMall
http://www.macintouch.com/macmall01.html

--B_3123824692_2480961

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Frustrated Newbie</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">on 12/27/02 5:07 AM, PPCLinux@aol.com at PPCLinux@aol.=
com wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Geneva">Have tried a couple v=
ariations and went to 2.2 as Chuck suggested. &nbsp;&nbsp;Still no luck. &nb=
sp;&nbsp;Chuck recommended SuSE so I will try that. &nbsp;&nbsp;All my versi=
ons have been purchased CDs so far.<BR>
</FONT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
I have had way better luck (and luck is what it takes with Linux) with SuSE=
.<BR>
<BR>
Format the drive from scratch with a Mac OS in HFS+ format and then do one =
big (at least 3GB) unallocated partition. This will be the Linux partitions.=
 Then when you format the drives you can break it up into the smaller swap, =
boot and run partitions.<BR>
<BR>
Chuck Coleman<BR>
Put an end to bad service<BR>