install on7200

Matthieu Oppliger yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 00:24:13 -0200

I Steve,
I installed YDL on my 7200/90 2GB hd a couple a weeks ago. After some tries,
here is how  succeeded to:

1/ Boot with a Mac OS CD (pressing C touch during booting). Run Hard Disk
Toolkit, and choose two partitions : one of 50 MB HFS standard (it will be
for Mac Booting), the rest as Undefined (it will be for YDL, see next
points...)
2/Install a minimal Mac OS system on the 50 MB partition
3/Install BootX, Kernels (2.2 and 2.4) (important :they have to be in the
same folder as BootX), and one of the RAM images in the system folder;
4/Remove the BootX extension from your system/extension folder. This will
allow you to run BootX without a countdown, allowing you to chose the RAM
disk image ;
5/Localize : BootX, RAM Disks
6/In the boot panel, choose your Mac Partition to reboot in Mac OS
7/Reboot....
8/Run BootX, choosing in options, the RAM Disk you want (txt or img, if you
want a text or a visual screen for installation. text is faster).
9/Important : for point 8, your YDL CD MUST BE IN THE CD READER !!!
10/Follow instructions of the installer...

Good luck...