Some really newbie questions...

will wade yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 09 Jul 2002 23:03:00 +0100

Wow, I finally managed to install a copy of YDL.. 2.3 did the trick.. Now I
can try and get my hands dirty..

Two questions, both concerning my HD:
1) I installed ydl dev on a 4 G partition but want to reduce that a tad
something more like 2 would be nicer.*
2) At installation time I created two ext2 partitions - one 4 Gb part and
another at about 113 Gb, but now that Ive got my ydl working I have no idea
how I can access the other drive (partition should I say). Whats the deal?

* I changed over my fs to ext3 following the instructions on the ydl
how-tos. I understand its a snap at changing it back to ext2 if necc for
some alterations.

And one question re:package manager
1) why 2? - the kde one and the gnome one?
2) why / how do I get it to show uninstalled packages from the cd? It seems
to only want to show me installed packages..

Which leads me on to my next point..
Im sure in 2.1 when I slapped a cd in it came up on the desktop. Am I off m=
rocker?? If not how can I get that feature back??

Cheers

I'm listening to Get Up Man by G=FC - Mix off of Vienna Scientists - A
Selection Into Dub Funk Trip Hop Drum 'n' Bass