Still haven't seen it...

William Howard yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 15:49:42 -0400

--B_3109679382_63977

Greetings all
    I have spent a whole week now trying to install YDL 2.2 and now 2.3
without success. Troy over in the bug department got me to where I could
install 2.2, but I haven=B9t been able to get it to boot because it keeps
hanging on the =B3pcmcia=B2 line after it gets the green =B3OK=B2. I=B9ve installed
this multiple times with the same result and I can=B9t understand it because
this is a desktop and doesn=B9t use pcmcia cards.
    So I left the machine on last night downloading the 2.3 installer, and
now it keeps saying I have two CD/RW drives installed. I do not have two
drives installed. I tried using the instructions about assigning the drive
(install-gui hdc=3Dide-scsi), but I=B9m getting nowhere.

    This is a brand new Quicksilver PowerMac 1GHz DP with a Super Drive, 1G=
RAM and the nVidia card. I also tried the installation in my B&W 450 but go=
the same message with the CD/RW.

    I would love to see this OS run, but I=B9m beginning to lose hope and
about ready to give up. Anybody have any ideas?

WCH

--B_3109679382_63977

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Still haven't seen it...</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">Greetings all<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I have spent a whole week now trying to install YDL=
 2.2 and now 2.3 without success. Troy over in the bug department got me to =
where I could install 2.2, but I haven&#8217;t been able to get it to boot b=
ecause it keeps hanging on the &#8220;pcmcia&#8221; line after it gets the g=
reen &#8220;OK&#8221;. I&#8217;ve installed this multiple times with the sam=
e result and I can&#8217;t understand it because this is a desktop and doesn=
&#8217;t use pcmcia cards.<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;So I left the machine on last night downloading the=
 2.3 installer, and now it keeps saying I have two CD/RW drives installed. I=
 do not have two drives installed. I tried using the instructions about assi=
gning the drive (install-gui hdc=3Dide-scsi), but I&#8217;m getting nowhere.<B=

<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;This is a brand new Quicksilver PowerMac 1GHz DP wi=
th a Super Drive, 1GB RAM and the nVidia card. I also tried the installation=
 in my B&amp;W 450 but got the same message with the CD/RW. <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I would love to see this OS run, but I&#8217;m begi=
nning to lose hope and about ready to give up. Anybody have any ideas?<BR>
<BR>
WCH</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>