Help: Installed YDL2.3, but looking for old kernel

Nathan Mattick yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 08:59:21 +0100

Folks,

What happened here please...

Installed YDL2.3 on PPC.

When I boot, there are two errors:

[1] Finding module dependencies: depmod: can't open 2.2.19-1r/modules for
writing
[2] Mounting local file system: mount: fs type tmpsfs not supported by
kernel

[Q1]
It can't find [1] since there's only /lib/modules/2.4.19-4a in that
directory. So why is it looking for the older kernel (I would have installed
that I think with YDL2.1 - but I reformatted the HD before installing
YDL2.3). Is there something in BootX that I need to configure (I select
vmlinux_2.2 when I boot to Linux)?

[Q2]
I used the installer tool to format my Linux (boot/swap/root) partitions, so
why am I receiving that error?

[Q3]
I'm trying to use kppp, but can't. Entering command 'dmesg' reports Linux
Version 2.2.19-1r, hence everything trying to locate those modules, yet I
thought YDL2.3 installed 2.4 kernel. Most confused...

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.
Nathan.