pdisk

Mike Abraham yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 12:08:44 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Eric, but, I think Page's problem is obtaining
pdisk 0.8 for OS 9. I believe my earlier post should
help resolve that, though.

It's a bit of a chicken and egg problem to suggest
that one use YDL to partition their drive, since the
other problems with the 2.4.n kernel prevent the
version of pdisk that ships with YDL (0.7.n) from
recognizing the drive in the first place....

You are correct about OS X, though. That is an option
for those who first install OS X (making sure not to
allocate the entire drive for OS X during that
install).

Or, the Linux community could update the kernel with a
longer IDE recognition timeout....

Still beats Windows, though....

--- "Eric D." <liriodendron@mac.com> wrote:
> keywords: pdisk, OS X, OS 9, YellowDog Linux,
> formatting, sudo.
>
> Hi Page, Mike & listers:
>
> pdisk is built into OS X and YDL (it was written for
> mklinux by a programmer
> working for Apple) and is a free download

(<ftp://ftp.mklinux.org/pub/mklinux-pre-R1/ppc/MacOS_Utilities/>)

http://www.mklinux.org/getting_started/preparations/index.html

http://cantaforda.com/cfcl/eryk/linux/pdisk/index.html