Yellow Dog 2.0 and internet dialup

Mark yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 23:17:45 +1200

Hi all,

I've just managed to get YDL 2.0 up and running on my B+W G3 300.  After a
bit of hunting around I was able to connect to my ISP, but only using the
"debug" button on the network configurator (using Wvdial).  This is all
good, but I would like to be able to use the ppp dialer, or even better be
able to dial automatically.  Have downloaded ddial, but when I tried to
install it, I was told that the were some dependency issues (sorry cant say
what as I'm in MacOS at the moment).  Additionally I can't get any sound
from my modem, even though I've got it set too "loud".  Sound works fine
otherwise.

Any thoughts?  Unfortunately I can't upgrade at this stage as the local ftp
mirror only has 2.0 at the moment, but I would like to be able to dial
easily!

TIA

Mark