Install over old LinuxPPC system

Craig Green yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 23:09:30 -0400

I have a running install of LinuxPPC2000. There is no MacOS on this box, it
boots straight to Linux, using yaboot. I want to upgrade to YDL 2.2, but, I
have no MacOS to hit BootX.hqx. I don't want to reinstall MacOS, just so I
can install YDL. I want the CD install process to start, but it won't. I've
even bought the CD, thinking it would boot like the LinuxPPC ones do, but no
luck. What am I missing? Is there a shell script I can run to start BootX
from within Linux instead of MacOS? The system is an old Starmax, and I can
install my LinuxPPC disk on it with ease. But it's a limited install and a
real pain to add any new apps, or even to try to unpack the source files.