Cant boot..

Szigetvári Csaba yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 12:39:37 +0200

> Ok, installed yellow dog 2.2 trying to follow all the instructions as I
> could on my Rev A imac with 120G hard drive..

I'm not sure if I can help you, but I have YDL 2.2 running on my iMac and a
few things are different on my installation.

> /dev/hda6 untitled 2 hfs 5859MB
> /dev/hda7 untitled   hfs 10MB
> /dev/hda8 swap       linux-swap 128Mb
> /dev/hd9  untitled   ext2 109.2Gb

My partition setup is similar, but my MacOS installation already occupies
the first 8 partitions for Macintosh drivers, so my MacOS partition is on
/dev/hda8, followed by "boot" on /dev/hda9, "swap" on /dev/hda10 and the
Linux installation on /dev/hda11. I don't know if that makes a difference,
but I wonder how your partitions can start on /dev/hda6. I also had OpenBSD
installed installed previously and the mac drivers always took the first 8
partitions (hda0 - hda7).

Other than that, my "boot" partition is 100 MB. That's quite generous for a
boot partition, but on the other hand your 10 MB for boot seems to be very
small given the fact that you have a 120G hard drive.

Before installing YDL, I started up from the MacOS install CD (version 9.0),
created a MacOS (HFS Standard) and an "Apple Unallocated" partition with
Apple's DriveSetup application, installed MacOS 9 on the Mac partition, then
rebooted with the YDL 2.2 iso and installed Linux without any problems at
all.

As I said, I don't know if any of this helps...

CS