Making CD of ydl-2.1 iso file

John Baughman yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 13:32:08 -0700

--B_3100253528_404222

I am trying to install ydl-2.1 on my Mac.  I have a beige G3 with 3 hard
drives.
I downloaded the ydl-2.1 iso install file.  My problem is that I can=B9t
figure out how to burn this file to CD so that I can use it as a startup
drive to install ydl. I now have a file called
=B3fuji-2.1-20011105-install.iso=B2 on my desktop.  I have made several coaster=
trying to burn this to CD. I=B9ve read the readme file that says the iso file
should be =B3burned from ISO=B2 to make a CD and not mounted first.  I=B9m using
Toast Titanium.  I=B9ve selected =B3ISO9660=B2 under =B3other=B2.  What do I do next?
If I simply drag the install.iso file onto the Toast window, I copy a
non-bootable copy of the iso file.  If I open the file with Disk Copy I can
see all of the file and folder components.  If I drag those files to Toast
and burn a disk it completes the process but the disk is not bootable.  At
least it is not bootable by holding down the =B3c=B2 key on reboot.  Is there
another way to boot the CD?  Am I making the CD incorrectly?  Any help woul=
be appreciated.
John

--B_3100253528_404222

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Making CD of ydl-2.1 iso file</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">I am trying to install ydl-2.1 on my Mac. &nbsp;I have=
 a beige G3 with 3 hard drives.<BR>
I downloaded the ydl-2.1 iso install file. &nbsp;My problem is that I can&#=
8217;t figure out how to burn this file to CD so that I can use it as a star=
tup drive to install ydl. I now have a file called &#8220;fuji-2.1-20011105-=
install.iso&#8221; on my desktop. &nbsp;I have made several coasters trying =
to burn this to CD. I&#8217;ve read the readme file that says the iso file s=
hould be &#8220;burned from ISO&#8221; to make a CD and not mounted first. &=
nbsp;I&#8217;m using Toast Titanium. &nbsp;I&#8217;ve selected &#8220;ISO966=
0&#8221; under &#8220;other&#8221;. &nbsp;What do I do next? &nbsp;If I simp=
ly drag the install.iso file onto the Toast window, I copy a non-bootable co=
py of the iso file. &nbsp;If I open the file with Disk Copy I can see all of=
 the file and folder components. &nbsp;If I drag those files to Toast and bu=
rn a disk it completes the process but the disk is not bootable. &nbsp;At le=
ast it is not bootable by holding down the &#8220;c&#8221; key on reboot. &n=
bsp;Is there another way to boot the CD? &nbsp;Am I making the CD incorrectl=
y? &nbsp;Any help would be appreciated.<BR>
John</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3100253528_404222--